Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lutz & Patmos by Jane Birkin

I was flipping through my old issues of Harper's Bazaar and just came across this article on Jane's collaboration with luxury knitwear brand Lutz and Patmos. In the last spring season Jane worked with the French label to create a classic sweater as a guest designer. She continued her ties with L&P this season, where she designed a sweater ... dress! You should definetly take a moment to read this article - I thought that there were interesting little tidbits throughout the feature (I can't believe Jane covered her Birkin bag with peace stickers! But then again, if you are the namesake of the bag, I'm sure you wouldn't have trouble getting a new one!).

US Harper's Bazaar March 2009
There are also a few interesting features on the Lutz and Patmos site. Under 'About Lutz and Patmos' at the link 'Guest Designers' Jane is featured as well as her collection for last season. It is quite cool that she was asked to design for L&P twice! Jane also guest designed for this Fall 2009 season ... And looking at the variety of people that the brand has hired has made me fall in love with this label - anything with Sofia Coppola, Carine Roitfeld and Fabien Baron ... and I'm in!

Above: Jane on the Lutz and Patmos Guest Designers profile page

Jane's collection is nothing groundbreaking, but is perfect for that one piece that you will treasure forever, which I am sure is L&P's goal. There has to be that one perfect sweater or dress hanging in your closet and Jane has created it! I think both of her items would be a worthy investment piece.

Left to right: Jane for Lutz and Patmos Spring 2009 ; Lutz and Patmos Fall 2009

No comments: